Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Airiel "3 Tracks"

Carrying on with the shoegazerness, here is one of my favorite "nu-gaze" bands, Airiel. I found out about them indirectly by way of an old high school friend who actually sang on one of their e.p.'s. I've included (in a ZIP file) three of my favorite songs. Airtight Angels which is from their Crackled e.p. Cinnamon which is from their self-titled e.p. (pictured here). And Peoria is from a various artist vinyl compilation on High Wheel Records called Welcome to the Future.

I like how Airiel released a handful of e.p.'s before they released their (still forthcoming) first album. It's very much in the tradition of Lush, Ride, Curve, and other classic shoegazer bands who also released a ton of e.p.'s before they came out with a full length. Airiel have definitely got the sound--loud washes of effects laden guitars, drowned in the mix vocals, etc. Do yourself a favor and check these guys out if you haven't already.

Airiel "3 Songs"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3QUGQNNJ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

estupendo!!!!
creo que airiel se perfila como una gran banda y estoy ansioso de que se lance su primer larga duracion.
Me encanta cleirecords y su catalogo,que por cierto descubrí por casualidad.

11:18 AM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home