Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Choons!

I like Christmas music. Not necessarily the traditional Bing Crosby, Irving Berlin, Burl Ives Christmas music. But I do like some good musical holiday cheer. I know I suffer from some mild form of SAD (seasonal affect disorder) so some cool Christmas music cheers me up and makes me laugh a little.

So here's 21 Christmas songs that I really like. Quite a few of the artists/bands below I don't even like otherwise (example: New Found Glory and Travis) but these songs are cool. Maybe you've heard some of them, maybe you haven't. Some are old school classics. Some are more contemporary. Some are covers of well-known songs. Some are completely original. Either way, enjoy.

Ride Like a Snowflake--originally from a super limited tour-only single. a seasonal take on their song, Like a Daydream

Velocity Girl Merry Christmas, I Love You


The Pretenders 2000 Miles


Travis River--cover of a Joni Mitchell tune


Prince and the Revolution Another Lonely Christmas--probably one of my favorite, most depressing Prince songs ever


The Wandering Step Christmas at My House


The Darkness Christmastime (Don't Let the Bells End)--it's cheesy but it rocks


The Sonics Don't Believe in Christmas


New Found Glory Ex-Miss--i don't like NFG at all but this is a nice, fun, i-hate-my-ex song


The Pogues Fairytale of New York--one word: CLASSIC


Everclear Hating You For Christmas


Elastica I Wanna Be the King of the Orient-Uh


Devil Dogs I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday


Blink 182 I Won't Be Home for Christmas


Snow Patrol When I Get Home for Christmas


Band Aid Do They Know It's Christmas? (Trevor Horn Remix)--You know the song, but have you ever heard the extended remix of it?


Darlene Love Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)--i had to throw in at least one Phil Spector song in this mix


Cast of Family Guy A Family Guy Christmas--one of THEE best Christmas songs ever


Richard Cheese Christmastime is Here--a hilarious loungey take on the Charlie Brown Christmas classic


Fear Fuck Christmas--nuff said


Tenacious D vs. Sum 41 Things I Want--i'm not a fan of either band but this song is pretty funny


http://www.sendspace.com/file/dubvqx

69MB ZIP file

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home