Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Coral "The Coral"

I found The Coral while I was listening to Virgin Radio online. They played the song Goodbye and it reminded me of old The Moody Blues. It was a pretty beat/garagey song. I went out and got said single, like it and its b-sides and went and got the album. It turned out to be one of my top albums of the year. It's not your usual "Britpop" album. Like I said, it's more 60s garagey/psych/blues than anything else. It doesn't even sound like it was made in the 21st century. Skeleton Key is the long lost bastard child of Captain Beefheart. I Remember When is something that The Electric Prunes could have easily recorded. It's actually sort of surprising that Ian Broudie (of The Lightning Seeds fame) produced this awesome record. Their three follow-up albums have not touched upon the excellence of this album but they've still remained an out-of-step band in the UK music scene.

Tracklist

Spanish Main
I Remember When
Shadows Fall
Dreaming Of You
Simon Diamond
Goodbye
Waiting For The Heartaches
Skeleton Key
Wildfire
Bad Man
Calendars And Clocks

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yehq89

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thank you very much for that Corals link. Really good album, I think I'll buy it. But sendspace ist very small and... it sucks. I've uploaded it on Rapidshare, because it's much better. http://rapidshare.com/files/14105886/The_Coral_-_The_Coral.zip.html

7:42 AM, January 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't mean "small", I mean "slow"...

7:46 AM, January 30, 2007  
Anonymous Migu said...

i know this is 4 was posted a long time ago but can u reupload
PLEASE!

9:12 AM, June 22, 2011  
Anonymous Migu said...

* 4 years after

9:14 AM, June 22, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home