Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lou Reed "All Tomorrow's Dance Parties"

This one is really interesting. These are four pre-pre-Velvet Underground Lou Reed recordings. The first two songs were solo songs that he had recorded while he was in college in 1962. According to the liner notes, these were his very first lead vocal recordings. The second pair of songs are of Reed's high school "band", The Jades. Lou doesn't sing on The Jades songs. He just plays guitar.

The e.p. title is no misnomer. These songs are far from his later drug-inspired rock songs. All four songs, however, are really good pop songs. Kinda cheesy. But cheesy enough to be cool. I mean, c'mon, it's Lou Reed. The guy who wrote Heroin. So it still rules.

Tracklisting

Your Love
Merry Go Round

So Blue

Leave Her For Me

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VYUOF4VV

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Any chance of a reupload of this?

12:35 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger scumfactor said...

here you go...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VYUOF4VV

9:01 AM, January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. The link has expired. Can you uploaud again? This is an album very difficult to find. Great blog. Thanks.

11:53 PM, September 21, 2008  
Blogger scumfactor said...

the link is still active

11:56 PM, September 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my stupidness (o como se diga). The second link you posted is active. I'm downloading the file rigth now. Ignore me, please. Thanks again.

11:57 PM, September 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are rigth. Saludos desde Uruguay.

12:00 AM, September 22, 2008  
Blogger Exeter said...

WoW!
Great Post! And the link is still good!!

2:47 PM, April 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home