Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Velocity Girl

I first got into Velocity Girl when I read in a magazine that they were the "American My Bloody Valentine." When I finally was able to track down something from them I was a little disappointed. I was expecting to sound like Loveless, which they did not. Apart from a few bursts of shoegazer-esque noise on a few songs, they were just a regular indie band. However, I realized that, despite the wrong initial description, they were still a very good band and I was able to appreciate their music.

I've uploaded 5 "rare" songs from Velocity Girl:

Tales of Brave Aphrodite is from a Simple Machines comp called Fortunate Cookie Prize.

Creepy is the b-side to their first (non split-)single on Sub Pop, Crazy Town.

Warm/Crawl is from their split single with Tsunami from the Sub Pop singles club.

Seven Seas is a cover of the classic Echo and the Bunnymen song while Breaking Lines is VG's take on The Pastels single. Both songs are from a single on Heaven Records.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ODCEGMWS

3 Comments:

Blogger anvilscepe said...

I waas going to upload this on the LJ community. This is an awesome album but I opted for the six song comp. Thanks for reminding me of the fun I had seeing them live with Belly and Magnetic Fields in NYC back in like 92 or some shit.

6:50 AM, December 22, 2006  
Blogger Brushwood said...

Would love another chance to get that Creepy song. Love their early stuff.

8:58 AM, December 03, 2008  
Blogger scumfactor said...

Hi there. Re-upped the songs. Enjoy!

9:24 PM, December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home