Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Suede "Live at the Glastonbury Festival, June 25, 1993"

Here is a bootleg of Britpop legends, Suede, with their first appearance at the Glastonbury Festival in 1993. I believe this is a radio broadcast but I'm not sure it's complete because Metal Mickey is missing. Although, it's quite possible that they just didn't perform it that day. Anyway, the cool thing about this show is that it's one of the first times (if not THE first time) they performed Still Life, which was the planned next single but was replaced by Stay Together and just put on Dog Man Star.

In retrospect, I think Suede were a much better band with Bernard Butler. With Butler, they were this sort of dark androgynous glam rock band. When Butler left, they became a Britpop band. Not that there was anything bad with that transition but, let's face it, the first two Suede albums are really where it's at.

Tracklisting

the next life
so young
moving
pantomime horse
he's dead
animal nitrate
she's not dead
the drowners
sleeping pills
to the birds
still life


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P0VIYV9Y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home