Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

These Animal Men "Speed King" and "You're Not My Babylon"

Post-grunge, pre-Britpop. Just before the backlash against the US grunge scene started with Britpop. There was the brief New Wave of New Wave scene. The sound was sort of a revived mix of late 70's and early 80's British punk rock. Among the many bands that were lumped into the NWONW scene were These Animal Men. These Animal Men were one of the first bands associated with the NWONW and they were probably the ones who defined the attitude as well. Young, white, and cocky boys. Speed freaks. Playing snotty and smart ass punk rock.

TAM released a handful of singles, a mini album, and 2 full lengths. Here are their first two proper singles -- Speeed Freak and You're Not My Babylon. The cover for Speeed Freak is the best singles cover ever. A bowl of amphetamine for breakfast, anyone?

speeed king
jobs for boys

you're not my babylon
who's the daddy now?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8I3J578I

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its my chief things to fill someone in on on this forum,well-founded wannat reap some friends here.if its not allowed to post on this food,will delete this thread.Nice to find you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

3:27 AM, November 28, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home