Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The United States of America

The United States of America were a band from 1967. I had no previous knowledge of them until 1997. Portishead had thanked them for inspiration on their song Half Day Closing. My friend played me their record and I was completely knocked out. It was crazy psych-ish rock incoporating electronic music. Kooky songs like "I Won’t Leave My Wooden-Wife For You, Sugar. Since their break-up, they've influence loads of bands (including Portishead). Here's the full album. Get more info on The United States of America HERE.

The American Metaphysical Circus
Hard Coming Love
Cloud Song
The Garden Of Earthly Delights
I Won’t Leave My Wooden-Wife For You, Sugar
Where Is Yesterday
Coming Down
Love Song For The Dead Ché
Stranded In Time
The American Way Of Love


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CBPCDZBA

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this record bypassed me for so long, i considered myself a bit of a psych head and had never heard of this. This album is a fully fledged master piece with such depth and varity. Thanks so much for introducing me to this wonderful record.

Cheers

4:00 AM, December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a mind-melter! Thanks for posting this and I hope more people give it a listen. Along with the first Silver Apples album this was 30 years ahead of its time...

8:16 AM, December 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home