Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION Soundtrack

The soundtrack to a classic punk rock documentary. It was supposed to be released on DVD a few years back but I'm sure director Penelope Spheeris is running into licensing issues.

I recently found a sealed vinyl copy of the soundtrack and I couldn't pass it up (even though I have the movie on, of all things, laserdisc. I really should do an audio transfer of the actual movie soundtrack because there are more songs. (And includes the FULL onstage banter from Fear -- my favorite part of the movie and possibly THE greatest audience baiting in musical history.) Tracklisting is as follows

"White Minority" – Black Flag
"Depression" – Black Flag
"Revenge" – Black Flag
"Manimal" – The Germs
"Underground Babylon" – Catholic Discipline
"Beyond And Back" – X
"Johny Hit And Run Paulene" – X
"We're Desperate" – X
"Red Tape" – Circle Jerks
"Back Against The Wall" – Circle Jerks
"I Just Want Some Skank" – Circle Jerks
"Beverly Hills" – Circle Jerks
"Gluttony" – The Bags
"I Don't Care About You" – Fear
"I Love Livin' In The City" – Fear
"Fear Anthem" – Fear

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4DQ0GRA

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks this rules

2:09 PM, June 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Thanx! Couldn't find it for ages...Greetings from Cracow, Poland.

3:11 AM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger 4 dogs records said...

Thank you very much!
This treasure is out of catalogue since many years.
Now we wait a new issue on DVD of the film.
Cheers
Paolo from Genoa Italy

1:25 AM, August 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and share. It's been out of print for ages and ages. Ithink I first saw the movie on USA network's "up all night" specials

1:23 PM, September 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

11:15 PM, November 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic punk album. A "must-have". Thanks for posting! Greetings from South Carolina.

7:44 AM, November 22, 2008  
Anonymous Elvis said...

Oh please God yes do a transfer of the entire audio. I did that once on a cassette tape back in the late 80's and used parts of it repeatedly in compilation tapes I used to make for people. I would from my old VHS but I just don't have the technology.

11:08 AM, August 07, 2009  
Blogger reindeer man said...

This record was a staple in high school - then like so much other vinyl gold it vanished to god knows where... so I'm really looking forward to hearing this again.

Oh yes, and "I hate cops. To the MAX."

Punk rock!

Now I just have to find it on DVD!

Thanks!

10:18 PM, October 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx for this post! i have this movie on DivX, cheers from Poland!

6:32 AM, December 06, 2009  
Blogger feed me said...

all of the audio from the fear set would be amazing. great idea

6:58 AM, December 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home